12 April 2014

Writing tip?

I finally downloaded Aeon Timeline. I'm learning how to use it.  And it has been worth the wait for the Windows version.  At least for me.  This is precisely what I've been looking for.  I do have timelines from different spots here and there as well as the genealogical ones. Buuut...(I can hear one of my mentors "Do not use the word but.  It is an excuse." which makes me extremely uncomfortable when I find I use it in my writing.) those programs made a lot of work for me.

As some of you are aware, I have a gajillion documents, spreadsheets and what not on my computer.  Therefore, when the gremlins strike, it makes me more than a little agitated, more than a little perturbed.  I have yet to find the proper word for exactly how I feel whenever those imps of madness and mayhem show their giggling little faces.

Enter Aeon.  I was watching for the Windows version of Scrivener for years.  Missed the rollout.  Happily, I finally caught the bandwagon and and now happily making up for the time spent with WriteWay.  I may have mentioned this a time or two.  I am a bit unhappy with WriteWay as it is not being updated.  Therefore, I do not know if the java, for surely it is one of the billion or so programs, devices, etc that use Java, is up to date and what effect it has.  I can find no further word for this program.  Thus, I switched my writing programs.

Then lo and behold, I checked out Aeon over to the NaNoWriMo forums and it was available.  Now, I downloaded it a couple weeks ago and now am in the process of trying to kick myself in the you know where.  Unfortunately, I am not as flexible as I once was.  Gave Aeon a try and Voila!  I can now keep track of my various timelines, arcs and major events.

Whilst transferring the various bits and pieces, I was able to sweep out the dust, err, plot bunnies.  There were a great many of them in a pile when I stopped to examine the various nooks and crannies.  There are a few more places that need to be checked out.

I can now happily report that my world is a bit more balanced.  It is a world that might be happier if I could come up with a more original name than "Niiganabiik's World."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are greatly appreciated. Just remember-children may be reading these.

I turned off the captcha but not moderation. Sorry. This is a way for me to make sure I do not miss a comment as I am notified.